This medication is a cephalosporin antibiotic, prescribed for pneumonia, acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, ENT and skin infections. It works by fighting against the bacteria in the body.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 600 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet and as an oral suspension to take by mouth, once or twice a day, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of penicillin-sensitivity, super infection; seizure, diabetes, pseudomembranous colitis; pregnancy, lactation; liver or kidney disease.
• Most Common:
Diarrhea, vaginal infections or inflammation, nausea, and abdominal pain.
• Gastrointestinal: Indigestion, flatulence, vomiting, abnormal stools, loss of appetite, constipation, dry mouth.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, dizziness, weakness, sleeplessness, drowsiness.
• Skin: Rash, itching.
• Miscellaneous: Fever, fungal infection, decrease in white blood cell, vaginal discharge.
• Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis; kidney and liver failure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Oral: Store at 25░C. Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from excess heat and moisture.