This medication is broad-spectrum antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections such as urinary tract infection, skin and soft- tissue, pharynx (throat) and tonsils (tonsillitis). This medication fights against the bacteria present in the body.
The recommended adult dose is 1 or 2 grams daily as a single dose or in two divided doses. The recommended dose for children is 30 mg/kg/day as a single dose or two divided doses.
It comes as a tablet, capsule and liquid to take by mouth with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, colitis, or stomach problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• Patient may experience diarrhea, blood in stools or stomach pain; if it so consult with your doctor.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Most Common :
Diarrhea, blood in stools, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and rash.
• Allergic reactions : Itching, hives, difficulty in breathing or swallowing and wheezing.
• Miscellaneous : Unusual bleeding or bruising, sore throat and vaginal infections.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Tularemia is an uncommon, highly contagious bacterial infection acquired in humans by insect bites ...
Nipah Virus (NiV) or Hendra virus is a deadly virus that spreads via contact with the saliva, ...
Nose Bleeds or Epistaxis are common during summer. Here are simple tips to prevent nasal bleeding ...View All