This medication belongs to a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors, prescribed for hypertention. It helps the kidney to get rid of unneeded water and salt from the body into the urine.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 25 mg/15 mg taken once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, should be taken one hour before meals.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, urinary problem, kidney disease, liver disease, increased eye pressure, congestive heart failure, gout, lupus, diabetes, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, get up slowly from bed.
• Avoid dehydration; drink adequate fluid to avoid this problem.
• It may cause drowsiness or light-headedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Eye :
Eye pain and vision problems.
• Metabolic : High and low potassium levels, dry mouth and increased thirst.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea and vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Drowsiness, restlessness, weakness and light-headedness.
• Skin : Redness, blistering and peeling skin rash.
• Miscellaneous : Jaundice, urinating problem, swelling, weight gain, fever, chills, body pain and flu-like syndromes.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!