This medication is synthetic capsaicinoid equivalent to chili peppers, prescribed for neuropathic pain associated with postherpetic neuralgia.
The recommended dose (capsaicin 8% patch) is a single, 60-minute application of up to four patches.
It comes as patches to apply topically.
• It should be administered by a well-trained healthcare provider.
• Before using this medication, administration of local anesthesia is recommended.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of open wound, irritated skin, any allergy, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• For external use only; avoid contact with eyes, nose or mouth.
• It may be harmful if swallowed.
• Before using this medication in children less than 18 years of age, consultation with the pediatrician is necessary.
• Central Nervous System :
Headache, burning sensation, nerve disease, dizziness, abnormal taste, increased or decreased sensitivity.
• Respiratory : Cough and throat irritation.
• Skin : Abnormal skin odor.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled temperature (15°C and 30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!