This combination medication contains angiotensin II receptor antagonist and thiazide diuretic, prescribed for high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindicated in patients with anuria (absence of urination) and hypersensitivity.
The usual recommended starting dose is 16/12.5 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, twice a day with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, lupus (SLE), sugar, heart failure, gout, or kidney or liver disease, increased eye pressure, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Inflicted injury, fatigue, pain, chest pain, swelling the extremities and weakness.
• Central Nervous System : Fainting, tingling, sensory loss, depression, sleeplessness and anxiety.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, coughing and nose inflammation.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, muscle pain, joint inflammation and leg cramps.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, indigestion, and stomach inflammation and vomiting.
• Metabolic : Increased blood sugar and increased BUN.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection, bladder inflammation and blood in urine.
• Liver : Abnormal liver function tests and increased liver enzyme level.
• Heart : Fast/slow heart rate, palpitations and abnormal ECG.
• Skin : Blisters, increased sweating, itching, skin inflammation and rash.
• Eye and ENT : Nose bleed, eye inflammation and ringing in the ear.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Read about goji berries, uses, health tips and recipes. Also learn about goji berry health ...
Paralysis is a condition where there is a loss of muscle function as well as sensory loss, which ...
Swine flu, a type of influenza caused by a new strain of the H1N1 Type A influenza virus has ...View All