This medication is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, prescribed for increased eye pressure (glaucoma) condition. It decreases pressure inside the eye by reducing the amount of fluid in the eye.
Ophthalmic- The recommended dose is 1 drop (1% solution) into the affected eye(s) three times daily.
It comes as eye drops, to instill over the affected eye.
• Do not wipe or rinse it off the eyes with water after using this eye drops.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, any allergies, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may develop with eye infection, if it so consult with your doctor.
• Wear contact lenses, 15 minutes after the use of this medication.
• Most Common:
Blurred vision, headache and sour or bitter taste.
• Eye: Eye discharge, tears, dryness of the eye and foreign body sensation.
It may cause blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while using this medication.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!