This medication is a kinase inhibitor, prescribed for chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML).
PO- The recommended dose is 500mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or heart disease, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Serious Effects :
Liver toxicity, fluid retention, gastrointestinal toxicity, bone marrow suppression.
• Most Common : Diarrhea, nausea, decrease in platelets, vomiting, abdominal pain, rash, anemia, pyrexia, and fatigue.
• Blood and Lymphatic System Disorders : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells.
• General : Fatigue, fever, fluid retention, weakness.
• Infections : Respiratory tract infection, inflammation of the nasopharynx.
• Metabolic : Decreased appetite, increase in liver enzymes.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, back pain.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, cough.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20°C to 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!