This medication is an ophthalmic beta-blocker, prescribed for glaucoma. It works by decreasing the pressure in the eye.
Contraindicated in patients with heart diseases/shock, asthma, severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and hypersensitivity.
Ophthalmic - Ocular HPT; Open-angle glaucoma: As 0.25 or 0.5% soln: Instill 1 drop twice daily.
It comes as eye drops to instill over affected eyes as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with respiratory or breathing problems, heart failure, diabetes, asthma, overactive thyroid, low blood sugar levels, blood flow problems, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Eye :
Photosensitivity, redness, itching sensation, inflammation, different pupil size, swelling, photophobia, blurred vision, foreign body sensation, dryness of the eyes, inflammation, discharge, pain, decreased visual acuity and crusty eyelashes.
• Heart : Slow heart rate, heart block and heart failure.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, asthma, thickened bronchial secretions and respiratory failure.
• Central Nervous System : Sleeplessness, dizziness, unsteadiness, headache, depression, drowsiness and increase in signs and symptoms of myasthenia gravis.
• Miscellaneous : Hives, toxic skin necrolysis, hair loss and inflammation of tongue.
It may affect blood sugar level, monitor sugar level regularly.
Monitor eye pressure regularly while using this medication.
Keep this medication in the container it came in and out of the reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...View All