This medication is an anorectic agent, prescribed for obesity. It works by suppressing appetite.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart diseases, overactive thyroid, who are taking or within 14days of use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors, central nervous stimulants, during pregnancy and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose range is 25 to 50 mg one to three times daily.
It comes as tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, lung or breathing problems, high blood pressure, sugar, over active thyroid, mental illness, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
• It should not be used in children less than 12 years.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Heart :
Palpitations, fast heart rate and elevation of blood pressure.
• Central Nervous System : Over-stimulation, restlessness, dizziness, sleeplessness, tremor, sweating, headache and depression.
• Gastrointestinal : Dryness of the mouth, unpleasant taste, nausea, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disturbances.
• Allergic : Hives, rash and itching.
• Genitourinary : Changes in sexual activity.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20 to 25° C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Encephalocele is a birth defect where a sac like protrusion of brain and covering membranes occurs ...
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia or chronic lung disease of infancy is seen in premature and low birth ...
Ear, nose and throat are important organs and disease in one area can affect the others. ENT ...View All