This combination medication contains an antibiotic and drying agent, prescribed for acne. Benzoyl peroxide allows excess oils and dirt to be easily washed away where as Clindamycin prevents bacterial growth.
Contraindicated in patients with Crohn’s disease or severe stomach or bowel problems and hypersensitivity.
Topical- Apply a pea-sized amount (clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5%) to the face once daily.
It comes as a gel to apply topically, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of stomach or bowel problems, any allergy, who are using other medication for skin, children less than 12 years old, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• For external use only; avoid contact with eyes and mouth.
• Avoid getting this medication on hair or cloths; otherwise it may bleach hair or fabric color.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
Mild burning, dryness, itching, peeling, redness, or stinging of the skin.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C. Keep out of the reach of children.