This medication is an antihistamine with anticholinergic properties used as an antipruritic.
Contraindicated to infants.
PO- The recommended dose is 50-100 mg 3-4 times/day.
It comes as expectorant to take by mouth, with food.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, urinary retention, prostate enlargement, epilepsy, liver impairment, elderly, during pregnancy and lactation.
• Central Nervous System :
CNS depression including slight drowsiness to deep sleep, tirdeness, convulsions, tremor, confusion, dizziness, incoordination, and headache.
• Skin : Rash, hypersensitivity reactions, sweating and hair loss.
• Miscellaneous : Low blood pressure, muscle pain and ringing in the ear.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.