This medication is an anti-inflammatory agent, prescribed for ulcerative colitis. The medication reduces inflammation of colon.
Adult: PO- Acute attack: 2.25 g 3 times/day, until remission or up to 12 week. Max: 6.75 g/day. Maintenance: 1.5 g twice daily. Max: 6 g/day.
It comes as a capsule and syrup to take by mouth with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney impairment, blood disorders; during pregnancy and lactation.
• Most Common:
Headache, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, respiratory tract infection and joint pain.
• Respiratory: Cough and inflammation of nose.
• Gastrointestinal: Indigestion, loss of appetite, dry mouth, abdominal cramps, constipation and flatulence.
• Central Nervous System: Sleeplessness and fatigue.
• Miscellaneous: Fever, flu-like syndrome, urinary tract syndrome and muscle pain.
Take full course of treatment.
Oral: Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!