This medication is a neuromuscular-blocking agent, used as an adjuvant in anesthesia. This medication provides relaxation of skeletal muscles during surgery.
The initial recommended dose is 0.4 to 0.5 mg/kg, given as an intravenous bolus injection.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider.
• Patient must be ensured with adequate ventilation.
• Do not administer this medication into the muscle directly.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of severe allergic reactions, asthma, heart disease, myasthenia gravis, neuromuscular disease, during pregnancy and lactation.
• Heart: Increased/decreased heart rate, low/high blood pressure and flushing.
• Respiratory: Wheezing, difficulty in breathing and asthma.
• Skin: Redness, itching, rash and hives.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at refrigerator (2° to 8°C). Do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!