This combination medication contains beta-blocker and diuretic, prescribed for hypertension. It interferes with certain body chemicals, which cause the slow heart beat.
Contraindicated in patients with urination problem, congestive heart failure, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: Per tab contains Atenolol (mg)/Chlorthalidone (mg): 50/25 or 100/25. Initially one tab of 50/12.5 once daily; may increase to one tab of 100/25 based on response.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung disease, congestive heart failure, slow heartbeat, abnormal heart rhythm, narrowing of blood vessels, kidney impairment, decrease in blood minerals, untreated adrenal gland tumor, diabetes, gout, liver impairment, overactive thyroid, systemic lupus erythematosus, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption and exposure to sunlight.
• Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
• Monitor electrolyte and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Heart :
Slow heart rate, cold extremities, low blood pressure, leg pain.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, fainting, lightheadedness, tiredness, fatigue, lethargy, drowsiness, depression, dreaming.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, nausea.
• Respiratory : Wheezing, difficulty in breathing.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at controlled room temperature (20-25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!