This medication is a topical antimitotic, prescribed for psoriasis. It works by slowing the reproduction of skin cells.
Contraindicated in patients with acute psoriatic eruptions or history of hypersensitivity.
Adult: Topical- As 0.1% ointment/paste: Apply for a few hr before washing off once daily. Apply to skin or scalp for 20 to 60 minutes once a day, then washed or shampooed off. Apply for a few hours before washing off once daily. In some cases, it is applied at night and allowed to remain on the affected areas overnight, then washed off the next morning or before the next application.
It is available as creams, ointment or pastes in 0.1 to 2% strengths to apply topically as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of inflamed psoriatic eruptions, folliculitis, other skin problems, kidney disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• An interval of at least one week should be allowed between the discontinuance of usage of steroids and the commencement of Dritho-Scalp therapy to avoid rebound phenomenon.
• For external use only; avoid contact with the eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Do not apply this medicine to blistered, raw, or oozing areas of the skin or scalp.
• Avoid use on face, skin flexures, inner thighs, upper arms and genitals.
• Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medication.
• It may be harmful if swallowed.
• Local : Irritation and staining of treated areas.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature. Keep away from heat and light. Keep container tightly closed.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!