This combination medication contains calcium channel blocker and angiotensin II receptor antagonist, prescribed for mild to moderate hypertension.
Hypersensitivity. Avoid concomitant potassium supplements.
Adult: PO Per tab contains amlodipine 5 mg and losartan potassium 50 mg: The recommended initial dose is 1 tab/day; it may be increased up to 2 tab/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of impaired liver or kidney function, heart failure, poor blood circulation, sick-sinus syndrome, severe ventricular dysfunction, elderly, children, during pregnancy and lactation.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Monitor serum potassium concentration.
• Heart :
• Central nervous System : Headache, dizziness, weakness, fatigue.
• Musculoskeletal : Back pain, muscle pain.
• Gastrointestinal : GI disturbances, transient elevation of liver enzymes; taste disturbances.
• Miscellaneous : Respiratory tract disorders, cough, rash, allergic reactions.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!