Acarbose is used to treat diabetes in combination with diet and other medications.
Acarbose controls the blood sugar levels which usually rise after meals by inhibiting a specific enzyme and slowing down the digestion process.
• Known allergy to acarbose
• Diabetic ketoacidosis
• Severe liver disease
• Intestinal conditions like inflammatory bowel disease
• Severe kidney disease
Type 2 diabetes in a dose of 25 to 100 mg three times a day
Tablet to take by mouth, just before the first bite of each meal.
• Use with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol intake as it leads to low blood sugar level.
• Charcoal and digestive enzymes may decrease the effect of acarbose when taken together.
Store it at room temperature in a tight container. Protect from moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Stereotypic movement disorder (SMD) is a motor disorder, associated with neurodevelopmental ...
Drug side effects calculator allows you to check the side effect of any drug and alerts you if you ...
Drinking hot water adds to the usual benefits of drinking water to improve the skin, digestive ...View All