Acarbose is used to treat diabetes in combination with diet and other medications.
Acarbose controls the blood sugar levels which usually rise after meals by inhibiting a specific enzyme and slowing down the digestion process.
• Known allergy to acarbose
• Diabetic ketoacidosis
• Severe liver disease
• Intestinal conditions like inflammatory bowel disease
• Severe kidney disease
Type 2 diabetes in a dose of 25 to 100 mg three times a day
Tablet to take by mouth, just before the first bite of each meal.
• Use with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid alcohol intake as it leads to low blood sugar level.
• Charcoal and digestive enzymes may decrease the effect of acarbose when taken together.
Store it at room temperature in a tight container. Protect from moisture.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!