This medication is an anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant, prescribed for Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, panic disorder and seizures. It decreases abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Contraindicated in patients with increased eye pressure, liver disease and hypersensitivity.
Adults: The initial dose should not exceed 1.5 mg/day divided into three doses. It may be increased if needed.
Pediatric Patients: The initial dose should be between 0.01 and 0.03 mg/kg/day but not to exceed 0.05 mg/kg/day given in two or three divided doses.
Panic Disorder- Adults: The initial is 0.25 mg two times per day. It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of myasthenia gravis, kidney or liver problems, blood disorder, mental or mood problems, respiratory problem, alcohol abuse, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness and blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may cause unconsciousness, avoid doing unsafe tasks.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of suicidal thoughts, watch them carefully.
• If condition worsens, consult with your doctor.
• Monitor liver function, complete blood cell counts, and electrocardiograms regularly while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, nervousness, lethargy, dizziness, nausea, hangover, anxiety, depression, weakness, confusion, blurred vision, abnormal dreams, and fainting.
• Heart : Difficulty in breathing and palpitations.
• Blood : Anemia, decreased white blood cells and platelets.
• Gastrointestinal : Vomiting, diarrhea, dry mouth and abdominal discomfort.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle weakness and pain.
• Skin : Hair loss and rash.
• Genitourinary : Painful urination, urine retention and bed-wetting.
• Eye : Excessive sweating and burning eyes.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Cyanosis is the bluish or purplish discoloration of the skin and mucus membranes due to lack of ...
Find out about travel shots or vaccination before you travel to your destination country. Travel ...
Hay fever is caused by allergy to pollen and is characterized by runny or blocked nose, sneezing, ...View All