• Make oil your best friend- Grandma was right after all; even the most highly regarded beauty experts today consider moisturizing the most crucial step of hair care; and oil does it best! A 20-minute warm oil massage is excellent for dry, rough and frizzy hair. It moisturizes the hair and the scalp, unlike damaging it like other store-bought conditioners.
Make it a point to oil your hair at least once, preferably twice a week; for best results.
• Watch your diet- Your diet plays a vital role in determining both-how you feel and look. A healthy diet devoid of processed foods, coupled with moderate exercise can literally make your skin and hair glow from within! Experts recommend adding more Vitamin A and Vitamin E rich foods to the diet to promote hair health.
• Drink up! Water makes up for around 70 percent of your body, and deprived of this vital substance, you can start to look and feel no-so-good. Make sure you drink at least 7-8 glasses of water a day; it’ll help nourish and keep your hair looking healthy.
• Switch to organic- Made of natural botanical extracts, organic hair care products are literally flying off shelves today. If you’ve been using chemical-based shampoos, try switching to an organic shampoo- it’ll help cleanse and nourish your scalp naturally, and won’t cause any side effect or hair damage.
• Skip the blow-dry- Blow drying, among other heat treatments can strip your hair of its natural moisture, making it look dull, dry and frizzy. Avoid using extensive hair treatments as far as possible, and if you must, make sure to compensate with good hair care afterward.
• Use home remedies- For different hair problems like dandruff, itchiness, hair fall etc, stick to using home remedies. As opposed to chemical-based products, home remedies work better and don’t lead to scalp or hair damage.