The skin becomes thin with age and veins more prominent appear like dark circles. At times of illness, nutrient deficiency or usage of drugs could also cause dark circles.
- Take ½ teaspoon of gram flour and add a pinch of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of tomato juice. Mix to form a paste and apply carefully, leave for 20 minutes. Wipe with a cotton ball soaked in water and pat dry.
- Grate ½ a cup of cucumber and extract juice. Soak cotton wool pads in this and place on eyelids. Relax for 20 minutes.
- Grate a cup of raw potato and extract the juice, dip cotton pads and place on eyes for 20 minutes.
- Soak 2-3 almonds overnight, grind into a smooth paste, apply this paste on the under eye areas and leave for 30 minutes. Wash gently. Do this regularly for 3 months.
- Massage the area with almond oil; do this twice a day for at least 3 weeks. You can also use Vitamin E oil.
- Make a paste with fresh mint leaves, apply and leave for 20 minutes. Wash.
- Drink plenty of water and sleep for 7 – 8 hours.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Using a remedy once or twice will not help; continue for 15 – 20 days for appreciable difference.