Calculate Ideal Body Weight
Knowing your ideal body weight is the first significant step you can take to be healthy. Overweight and obesity is responsible for most of the lifestyle diseases. The Ideal body weight calculator is a useful tool to check the appropriate weight for the given height of a person. The calculator is gender specific with men being heavier for a given height in comparison to women.
If you lead a sedentary lifestyle do keep track of your weight and bookmark this calculator on your browser (To bookmark please click here).
- Growth in men occurs till the age of 25, after which the weight normally remains constant.
- On an average 70kg or 150lb mass of an adult human body contains approximately 37.2 trillion cells.
- Almost 99% of the body mass of the human body is made up of six elements namely oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium and phosphorus.
- There are 60 identifiable chemical elements present in the human body and of these only around 25 are required for life and good health.
- The elements in the human body are distributed as water, carbohydrates, fats, protein, hydroxylapatite (in bones) along with minerals and DNA.
- All of the trace elements such as iron, zinc, copper and selenium make up less than 10 grams of the human body.
- Water is responsible for 60 to 65% of body weight among males and 50% among females. Females have more fat which also means they have higher proportion of carbon.
- There are more bacteria that reside in normal human gastrointestinal tract than cells in the body.