Ragi. Flour (finger millet flour) – 2 cups
Water – 4 Cups
Salt– 1 Pinch
1. Heat the Water
2.When it boils add the finger millet flour
Stir well till it acquires a paste-like consistency.
4. Make small balls of it.
5. Squeeze it through the small holes of a 'sevai press' onto a plate
6. Steam it for few minutes
7. Serve it with coconut milk.
Dry Ragi noodles can be purchased from the super market directly
2. This is soaked in the hot water for 3 - 5 minutes
3. The water is drained and the rice noodles is ready to eat
4. It can be taken with coconut milk.
Take the cooked Ragi noodles
2. Season it with 1 Spoon o mustard, black gram, 1 chilly, and a Pinch of asafetida
3. Add little salt and lemon juice in the rice noodles
4. Mix everything well and serve
1. It is light to digest.
2. It balances all the 8 doshas, especially Pitta dosha.
3. It is cooling.
4. It is an ideal diet for obesity.
5. It detoxifies the body.
6. It can be mixed with various ingredients and consumed according to the conditions-
- For fever - with warm water
- For Diarrhea - with buttermilk and rock salt.
- For bleeding disorders - with milk, palm sugar and ghee
- For emaciation - with milk, palm sugar & ghee & coconut Milk
- For impotency - with milk, palm sugar & with dry fruits & nuts
- To balance Pitta - with milk, palm sugar & ghee with dry fruits & nuts.
- For Anorexia - with Lemon, or tomato or with buttermilk & rock salt.
- For Diabetes - with Lemon or tomato or with buttermilk & rock salt.
- For Ascites - with Lemon or tomato or with buttermilk & rock salt.
- For Obesity - with Lemon or tomato or with buttermilk & rock salt.
- After delivery - with Lemon or tomato or with buttermilk & rock salt.