1. Which doctor should be consulted if I have a varicocele?
You should seek a consult with Urologist.
2. Can a varicocele occur in adolescents?
A varicocele usually affects people of the 18-30 age group, though it can affect people beyond the age of thirty-five also.
3. Does a person undergoing varicocelctomy have to have his testis removed?
Though it was advocated in the earlier days, it is not done only if the testis is highly atrophied or non-functional.
4. Which doctor should I go to in order to treat my varicocele?
You could see an urologist or a general surgeon.
5. How long after a varicocelectomy would my sperm count return to normal levels?
It may happen in a couple of months, but sometimes it may not happen at all if the testis has been rendered completely non functional by the long standing varicocele.