Post-operative complications include complications related to anesthesia or complications related to surgery. The complications of surgery can be of general nature or be more specific to breast reduction surgery.
Common complications due to general anesthesia include
• Nausea and Vomiting
• Sore throat
• Chest Infection and fever
Post-operative general complications include-
Complications due to Breast reduction Surgery
• Loss of sensation over areola or nipple
• Skin of the areola and nipple may get devitalized and decay away, which is consequently corrected by further surgery. This is the most devastating complication after such a surgery and may happen more in women who smoke or who have very large breasts.
• Breast tissue or fat also may undergo 'necrosis' or decay of the cells.
• The breast may feel a lot firmer than before.
• It may not be possible to breast-feed a baby following a breast reduction and this has to be clearly understood before undergoing the surgery.
• Occasionally asymmetry of the breasts can result and revision surgeries may be needed.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Strokes occur when blood flow to an area of the brain is cut off. It is imperitive to detect the ...View All