Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- Paleo Diet - How Many Versions Were There?Diet & Nutrition News
- Farmed Norwegian Salmon Safe to EatDiet & Nutrition News
- No Full-proof Security Measures to Prevent Cyber ...News on IT in Healthc...
- Learning Benefits Come Later With Naming People ...Child Health News
- Drugs That Prevent Hepatitis Among Chemotherapy ...Drug News
- Reaching Goals With Good Behavior Is More ...Mental Health News
- Antidepressants Possess Dual Signal EffectMental Health News
- Radiation Monitor for Medical Workers Reduces ...Medical Gadgets
- Genetic Variations Associated With Type-2 ...Genetics & Stem Cells...
- Exposure of Pregnant Women to Air Pollution ...Environmental Health
- Protein-based Therapy for CancerCancer News
- Double The Risk of Suicide for Cocaine and ...Alcohol & Drug Abuse ...
- More Than One Million Facing Hunger in Ebola-Hit ...General News
- Insulin Resistance and CV Risk Not Improved by ...Diabetes News
- Cancer Patients' Quality of Life can be Lowered ...Cancer News
- Ancient 700 Year Old Virus Brought Back to Life ...Health In Focus
- Gut Microflora Influences the Development of ...Research News
- Delayed Cutting of the Umbilical Cord Better for ...Child Health News
- Researchers Crack the Code of Brain DevelopmentResearch News
- Science Behind Brain Storing Bad Experiences ...Mental Health News
- Sixth Mass Extinction Within 100 Years With ...Environmental Health
- Beet Juice is Nitrate-Rich, Helps Prevent ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Call to Improve Prevention and Treatment of ...Press Release News
- Avoiding 'Holiday Heartburn'Diet & Nutrition News
- Wearable Pulse Oximeter Based on Organic ...Medical Gadgets