Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- Modest Coffee Consumption can Lower Risk of ...Heart Disease News
- Ubisoft and Amblyotech's New Video Game can ...News on IT in Healthc...
- Tuberculosis Could Now be Diagnosed With Oral ...Respiratory Disease N...
- Nitrate Supplements Help Increase Athletic ...Research News
- MR Spectroscopy Could Improve the Management of ...Cancer News
- Google Glass Could Help Enhance Surgical ...Medical Gadgets
- Chewable Tablets For Asthma and Allergies Get FDA ...Drug News
- Eating Peanuts may Reduce Risk of Death, ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Study Finds Link Between Adolescent Obesity and ...Obesity News
- A Glass of Tomato Juice a Day Reduces WaistlineWeight Loss
- Protein Helps Birds Traverse Via Magnetic FieldResearch News
- New Image-Guided Treatment may Help Migraine ...Medical Gadgets
- Psychology of Healthy EatingDiet & Nutrition News
- Interventional Radiology Offers New Treatment ...Men´s Health News
- 3-D Printing Offers Innovative Method to Deliver ...Research News
- Person's Ability to Exercise on a Treadmill ...Heart Disease News
- Pediatricians Face Increasing Pressure from Some ...Child Health News
- Osteoporosis: Awareness of Individual's Risk ...Health In Focus
- New Drug Treatment for Ebola Virus Disease from ...Tropical Disease News
- Amyloid Molecules Accumulated Lifelong ...General News
- Bollywood Actress Sonam Kapoor Tests Positive for ...Celebrity Health News
- Study Reveals a NMDA Receptor Antagonist That ...Drug News
- Weight-Stigma and Calorie Counting Prevent ...Obesity News
- High-Fat Diet Could Help Reduce Heart Attack ...Heart Disease News
- Ban on Foreign Tourists Lifted !General News
MView All >>