Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
Most Popular News on Medindia
- Accessible Health Care Through Paper Electronics ...Medical Gadgets
- UN Calls on Nations to Eradicate MalnutritionDiet & Nutrition News
- Prior Organ Donors Wanting Organ Transplant is ...Organ Donation News
- 'In India, 30 mn people suffering from Chronic ...Respiratory Disease N...
- Vaccines are Not Always PerfectDrug News
- Older Brains Have Neural Flexibility in a ...Senior Health News
- Derivative of Vitamin B3 Prevents Cancer in ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Night shift may up risk of Obesity: StudyLifestyle News
- Injury Prevention and Mapping Travel for ...Women Health News
- Now LEDs to Emit a Cozy Warm GlowResearch News
- Handheld Ultrasound Technology can Help Medical ...Medical Gadgets
- Self-acupressure Technique can Help Relieve ...Alternative Medicine ...
- New App Aims to Reduce Mortality for Infants With ...Medical Gadgets
- Largest Ever Molecular 'cage' Built by ...Clinical Trials News
- Blood Vessel Damage Equal With Secondhand ...Alcohol & Drug Abuse ...
- Brain's Inability to Tap Energy Source Due to ...General News
- Risk of Dementia High With Long-Term ...Drug News
- Improvement Seen in High Blood Pressure Control ...Hypertension News
- Organs During Transplantation Protected by Drugs ...Drug News
- Home Cooking - the Main Ingredient in a Healthy ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Antibiotic Overuse Due to Racial Disparities in ...Drug News
- Detox Element in Diet may Help Determine Women's ...Women Health News
- Here is How Neighborhoods can Help Elders Ward ...Senior Health News
- New Protocol for Imaging Suspected Ebola PatientsGeneral News
- Sequenced Ferret Genome Holds Clues to ...Research News