Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
Most Popular News on Medindia
- New Research Demonstrates Advances in Creating ...Research News
- Stress-related Inflammation Might Increase Risk ...Mental Health News
- Fujifilm to Boost Supply of Ebola DrugGeneral News
- Lives can be Saved by Alternate Approach to ...General News
- IPhone App can Help Doctors in Grading Eye ...News on IT in Healthc...
- Better Nutrition in Frozen Meals Than Quick ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Electronic 'Eye-Cane' for Enhanced Navigational ...Medical Gadgets
- US Patient Recovers from Deadly EbolaGeneral News
- World Ayurveda Conference Scheduled to Commence ...Alternative Medicine ...
- Enterovirus Claims First Victim in CanadaGeneral News
- Anti-Tobacco Conference Unable to Get Rid of ...General News
- Airbag-Equipped Motorcycle Vest to Protect ...General News
- Alzheimer's Disease Associated With ...Senior Health News
- Poor Oral Health in Elite Athletes 'Must be ...General News
- Controlling Genes Precisely - Result of ...Genetics & Stem Cells...
- Theory on Parkinson's Origin StrengthenedGeneral News
- Multiple Health Conditions may be Found in Older ...Women Health News
- Pain and Inflammation in Cataract Surgery ...General News
- New Robotic Device can Help Perform Brain ...Medical Gadgets
- Ebola Death Toll at 4,555: WHOGeneral News
- Senegal Declared Ebola-FreeGeneral News
- 'We are Losing the Battle Against Ebola': World ...General News
- Middle-Class Latin Americans are RestlessLifestyle News
- Despite Calls for Calm, Panic Over Ebola Hits a ...General News
- Metabolic Syndrome may be Reversed by ...Diet & Nutrition News