Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
Most Popular News on Medindia
- IBM Offers Analytics Platform to Fight EbolaGeneral News
- Japanese Mushroom Extract may be Effective to ...Clinical Trials News
- Wake-up Call For Medicos from the Severe Acute ...General News
- Home Blood Pressure Monitors Could Prove ...Medical Gadgets
- New Insulin Pen Uses Energy Harvesting, Promises ...Health In Focus
- Sanofi Attains Targets Despite Profit Slip, ...Drug News
- Heavy Drinking in Adolescence Associated With ...Alcohol & Drug Abuse ...
- Australian Surgeons Transplant 'Dead' Hearts in ...Organ Donation News
- Sexual Quality of Life is Not Adversely Affected ...Sexual Health News
- WHO Says Ebola Vaccine Doses Could Reach Africa ...General News
- UN Ebola Fund Receives Donations from Britain ...General News
- Exposure to Sunshine Slows Weight Gain, Diabetes: ...Obesity News
- Research: Genetic Predisposition to Elevated ...Genetics & Stem Cells...
- Is There a Way Out of The Ebola EpidemicGeneral News
- Polyunsaturated Oil Better Option, Reveals StudyHealth Watch
- Calcium and Vitamin D Requirements Fulfilled by ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Having Multiple Female Sexual Partners may ...Sexual Health News
- Big Strides Made in Fighting Tuberculosis: WHOGeneral News
- Study Suggests Endurance Athletes at Risk of ...General News
- Tough Ebola Quarantine Rules in NY and NJGeneral News
- Communication, Compromise: Key to Happy MarriageResearch News
- Comets Smell Like Rotten Eggs, Horse Urine, ...Environmental Health
- Type 1 Diabetes Rates Among Non-Hispanic White ...Diabetes News
- Ebola Death Toll Likely to Exceed 90000 by ...General News
- Early Detection Beneficial When Pancreatic ...Health Watch