Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- How to Quit Smoking
- Urinary Stone Prevention - Dos & Don'ts
- Sleeping Disorders
- Diet and Nutrition for Stress Management
- Dealing with Menopause
- Foods that Kill Bad Breath
- Foods to Lower Cholesterol and Heart Disease
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Top Vegetables and Fruits for Healthy Diet
Most Popular News on Medindia
- Couples Without Kids Also Consume Family MealsDiet & Nutrition News
- Following Trauma, Musculoskeletal Pain Outcomes ...General News
- Care Coordination can Decrease Health-Care Use ...Research News
- Diabetes Risk Boosted by SweetenersDiabetes News
- Counting Fish Teeth Reveals Regulatory DNA ...Research News
- Significant Increase Noted in STIs in AustraliaSexual Health News
- Finding Kidney Stones is Same With Ultrasounds ...Medical Gadgets
- Horse-meat Fraud - Wake Up Call For Food IndustryDiet & Nutrition News
- US Health System Not Properly Designed to Meet ...General News
- World Health Organization (WHO) Policy on ...Medico Legal News
- Recommendations for the Care of Midlife WomenWomen Health News
- Providing Private Mental Health Service to ...Mental Health News
- Super-Thin Condom Becomes Ultra-thinMen´s Health News
- First IPS Stem Cell Implant Surgery Conducted in ...Genetics & Stem Cells...
- Key Role of Language Gene IdentifiedGenetics & Stem Cells...
- How Animals Use Familiar Tools to Build a ...Research News
- Judging a Fish by Its Color Environmental Health
- 'Bad' Lipids Drastically Reduced by Gene VariantGenetics & Stem Cells...
- Elder Women With Early Breast Cancer Receive ...Senior Health News
- Xenon May Help Erase Traumatic RecollectionsHealth Watch
- Two Spaniards Die Due To Legionnaire's DiseaseRespiratory Disease N...
- Sunglasses: More Than a Style StatementHealth In Focus
- Tear Gas’ Temporary Effects Last Up to Two WeeksClinical Trials News
- Ozone Layer Showing Signs of Thickening After ...Research News
- Indian Teenager Invents an Affordable Device That ...Medical Gadgets