Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
You May Also Like
- Video Animation
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- Tips to Control Obesity in Children
- Control Blood Sugar in 7 Ways
- How to Take Temperature
- Top Fruits that Curb Appetite
- Benefits of Laughter
- Foods to Get Rid of Dandruff
- Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB)
- Nine Wonder Foods to Beat Diabetes
- Leukemia / Blood Cancer
- Exercise during Pregnancy