Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- Experts Find Out How, Why Smoking may Lead to ...Alcohol & Drug Abuse ...
- Adult-Derived Stem Cell Injection May Soon ...Genetics & Stem Cells...
- There is a Cause of Poorer Outcomes for ...Cancer News
- Meningitis Epidemic in Niger Infects 697 People, ...General News
- Artificial Blood Vessel Helps Study Application, ...Research News
- Squirming Actually Helps Child With Attention ...Child Health News
- New Endovascular Treatment is More Effective For ...Research News
- People Over 65 Years with Depression, Type-2 ...Research News
- Fish Oil Fatty Acids Vitally Important for ...Diet & Nutrition News
- AIIMS Treats Epilepsy Patients With a Minimally ...Hospital News
- Flavoring Chemicals Used In E-Cigarettes Could ...Research News
- Toxic Botox Travels at High Speed Through Our ...Research News
- Baby Teeth Analysis Reveal Clues About Health ...Child Health News
- Researchers Develop New Plant-Based Treatment In ...Research News
- Find Out Why Your Favorite Wine Tastes Different ...Diet & Nutrition News
- How Probiotics Can Improve Health, Prevent ...Research News
- Therapeutic Effects of Deep Brain Stimulation ...Medical Gadgets
- D3 — New Smartphone Device Could Provide Rapid, ...Medical Gadgets
- Scientists Find New Strategy to Cure HIV by ...AIDS/HIV News
- World's Smallest Pacemaker to be Launched in ...Medical Gadgets
- Scientists Discover New Breath Technology To ...Cancer News
- Eating Diets Rich in Vitamin E may Help You Stay ...Diet & Nutrition News
- New Method Spots Acute Myocardial Infarction In ...Heart Disease News
- Apples, Dietary Polyphenols in a Cup of Green Tea ...Diet & Nutrition News
- Regeneration of Heart Cells Possible in Mice With ...Heart Disease News
MView All >>