Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- Lose 10% of your Body Weight to Treat Irregular ...Obesity News
- Smoking Water Pipes Cause More Damage Than ...Lifestyle News
- What Are the Health Benefits of Pears?Diet & Nutrition News
- New High-tech Capsules Monitor Gut HealthMedical Gadgets
- Mumbai Doctors Cure Drug-resistant TB PatientRespiratory Disease N...
- New 'MIND Diet' can Protect Against Alzheimer's ...Diet & Nutrition News
- New Algorithm Permits Early Risk Identification ...Mental Health News
- Kitchen Towels Top Contamination Hazards ListGeneral News
- Does Anti-Venom Against Copperhead Snakes Work?Research News
- Study Sheds New Light on Asthma and Chronic ...Respiratory Disease N...
- Do You Trust People? Your Brain Structure Depends ...Research News
- Disinhibition That Limits Weight Loss Associated ...Obesity News
- Stem Cells in Slow-Growing Tumors Can Resist ...Cancer News
- Anesthesiology Simulation Program Triggers ...General News
- Maternal Age at Childbirth Linked to Baby Boy's ...Diabetes News
- Mortality Risk Similar for Bypass Surgery and ...Heart Disease News
- Antipsychotic Drugs may be More Dangerous to ...Drug News
- CTA and Stress Test Have Similar Health Outcomes ...Heart Disease News
- Researchers Identify Mystery Behind Heart FailureHeart Disease News
- Experts Describe New Approach to Promote ...Heart Disease News
- Salty Food Has Adverse Effects on Your OrgansDiet & Nutrition News
- Measles Cases in Canada Jumps to 119Child Health News
- Injectable Polymer to Prevent Severe Blood LossMedical Gadgets
- Promising New Way to Treat Alzheimer’s DiseaseMental Health News
- NASA Astronomers Capture Images of First X-class ...General News
MView All >>