Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
Most Popular News on Medindia
- Cook Your Barbecue Meat in the Oven First, FSA ...Lifestyle News
- Spread Of Meningitis Can Be Cut By Nearly 40 ...General News
- Postop Cognitive Dysfunction Associated With ...General News
- Immunity can be Boosted by Combined Use of Polio ...General News
- US Missionaries Treated With Experimental Ebola ...General News
- Dawkins Issues Apology Following Comments on ...General News
- Be 'Fair' in Sharing Ebola Test Drugs, Urge ...General News
- NeuroVigil Announces New Brain Research ...General News
- Laser Glucometer Eliminates Pin PricksMedical Gadgets
- New Device Developed to Treat StrokesMedical Gadgets
- Experts Call for an End to Clinical Trials of ...General News
- Getting Them Right The First Time: Clinical ...Hospital News
- From Dandruff to Deep Sea Vents, an Ecologically ...Environmental Health
- New Cholesterol Guidelines for Reducing Strokes ...Hypertension News
- Awareness of Risks of Postoperative Cognitive ...General News
- New Device That Allows Doctors to Listen to Gut ...Medical Gadgets
- Scientists Develop New X-ray ImagingMedical Gadgets
- West Africa Countries Will Struggle to Overcome ...General News
- Boston Marathon Bombing Caregivers Still ...Lifestyle News
- Torch That Could Help Visually Impaired to See ...Medical Gadgets
- S.Leone Ebola Doctor Dies While Experimental ...Tropical Disease News
- Exposure to Low Doses of Antibiotics Results in ...Drug News
- Efforts to Prevent Prescription Drug Misuse ...Alcohol & Drug Abuse ...
- Women Seek Anti-aging Clinicians to Treat ...Women Health News
- Long-Term Heart Transplant Recipients can Safely ...Organ Donation News