Tips to Live With an Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Slideshow
Over Active Bladder(OAB)is a condition in which a person frequently feels an uncontrollable urge to urinate.
This can occur even when the bladder is not full.
If you notice the following symptoms, please consult a Urologist or your doctor-
Uncontrollable urgency to urinate
Sometimes loss of urine after the urge
Urinating in small quantities
Involuntary contraction of bladder muscles
Neurological diseases - Multiple Myeloma, Stroke or Parkinson's disease
Cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to check for any abnormalities
Urodynamics study to analyze bladder storage and voiding functions
Treatment - Medications
Here's the good news - OAB can be cured!
One of the treatment methods is by administering drugs that are called anticholinergic and anti-spasmodics.
Antibiotics are useful in case of associated bladder infections.
Treatment for Urine Leakage with OAB - Kegel exercises
Specific exercises, called Kegel exercises, are done by contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles.
This strengthens the muscles that control the bladder and helps to contain urinary incontinence
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- SoftBank Mobile's 'Pepper' is World's First ...Medical Gadgets
- Treating Post-operative Pain With Morphine can ...Child Health News
- Higher Risk of Heart Disease in Women With ...Women Health News
- Girls Who Consume Lots of Sugary Drinks Start ...Lifestyle News
- Reforming Law to Allow Early Medical AbortionWomen Health News
- BPA Exposure Worse for Females as Compared to ...Research News
- New Miracle Jab is Better Than 'Dieting or ...General News
- Beetroot Juice Before Exercise can Boost Heart ...Research News
- Role of Genes and Environment on Drinking HabitsAlcohol & Drug Abuse ...
- Can Gene Therapy Generate a Cardiac Pacemaker?Health In Focus
- Human Learning Linked to Combination of Sleep ...Research News
- Implantation of a Novel Device Treats Dry EyesMedical Gadgets
- Drug for Hepatitis C to be Launched in India by ...Drug News
- Alcohol and Liver Disease: Daily Drinking Ups ...Alcohol & Drug Abuse ...
- NEC Delivers Infra Red Thermography Cameras to ...General News
- Malaria-Spreading Mosquitoes Sense Changes in ...Tropical Disease News
- Novel Target Identified for Epilepsy TreatmentResearch News
- Providing Clean and Green Earth to Future ...Environmental Health
- Telangana on High Alert Due to Swine FluIndian Health News
- BPA Exposure During Pregnancy Causes Oxidative ...Research News
- Healthier IVF Babies NowChild Health News
- Dust on Ocean Floor is 25M-Year-Old, Clues to ...Environmental Health
- Childhood Psychiatric Problem Could Indicate ...Child Health News
- An Alternative to Knee Replacement Surgery ...Hospital News
- Australian Boy Suffering from Diabetes Gets ...Child Health News
MView All >>