How to Handle Depression - Slideshow
It is ok to be moody once in a while but if you feel moody for a longer period of time then it could be depression.
It is a medical condition that is treatable.
A depressed person feels intense sadness that could disrupt daily activities
Affects Daily Life
The physical and emotional problems in depressed people can upset their day-to - day activities, careers, interests and personal relationships.
They are also highly prone to suicidal tendencies and often talk of death or taking their own lives.
Who is at risk?
Depression is believed to be caused by an alteration in the brain structure and an imbalance in the brain chemical called neurotransmitter
Depression - Causes
Diagnosing depression is usually done by discussing with the doctor the following -
Vagus - Nerve Stimulation
Pace maker for treatment - resistant depression.
This device sends electrical impulses to the brain and stimulates the vagus nerve. This produces the feel-good chemical and eases the patient's depression .
Exercising is a Time-tested method to beat stress. While exercising endorphins are produced which is a good antidote for depression. Exercising enhances self esteem. Even moderate activity is known to lower stress and produce sleep.
Keeping pets are also a considered a good way to counter loneliness and depression.
Depressed people are always not lonely but lonely people tend to be depressed. Make sure you network with people and stay in touch with friends and family. Join any class of your interest or join a support group
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- Worst Foods in Your Fridge
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Easy Ways to Beat Anxiety and Stress
- Foods for Better Eye Health
- Tips on Kegel Exercises/Pelvic Floor Exercises
- How to Handle Insect Bites?
- Foods to Lower Cholesterol and Heart Disease
- Beauty Tips for Winter
- Diet for Obstructive Lung Disease
- Foods that Kill Bad Breath