Tips to Control Obesity in Children - Slideshow
Obesity in children is a common modern-day problem.
There are no instant remedies, as obesity management is a long-term endeavor with the active involvement of parents
Parents as Role Models
Children look up to parents and often follow their habits.
Parents must avoid advising, instead, must act as role models for their children by making healthy food choices and by following an optimal lifestyle
It would be a better option to prepare meals at home and not to eat out too often.
Eating at home would make it easier to monitor the food partaken and to keep those calories in check.
Parents must be innovative in providing tasty, but nutritious, snacks or mid-meals for their children. Baked, boiled or steamed items must be considered.
Go slow on 'Fast'
Make sure your child does not eat too much 'fast' food such as hamburgers, fries or coke.
Even food items such as cakes and ice creams must be taken in moderation.
Keep foods with too much sugar, salt and fats to the barest minimum.
It would be rewarding, however, to allow your child to eat his favorite food once in a while.
Small is Good
Avoid serving large portions to children.
Trust them when they say that they feel full.
Do not ever force them to eat when they don't feel hungry
Your child must exercise every day.
Make sure that the entire family is involved when going for a morning walk.
This would provide a great impetus for any child to lose his weight .
Beware of the idiot box
Make sure that your child does not spend too many hours watching television.
Statistics reveal that several hours of TV watching not only makes the child sedentary and obese but would also make the child grow into an obese adult.
Consult a doctor
If there are serious concerns regarding the weight management of your child make sure you consult a pediatrician to sort out the issues.
Remember obesity in children can be managed. All it requires is a little bit of patience!
You May Also Like
- Video Animation
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Mitral Valve Disease and Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Active Heart
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Blood Pressure
- Learn How to Count Your Pulse
- Angioplasty - 3D
- How to know if someone is Breathing
- Sodium Rich Foods
- Juice Wars - The Best and the Worst for Your Health
- Top Ten Foods to Boost Your Mood
- Ebola Infection - How to Prevent and Control It
- Top Five Negative Calorie Foods
- Interstitial Cystitis / Painful Bladder Syndrome
- Top Vegetables and Fruits for Healthy Diet
- Foods that Kill Bad Breath
- Foods Hypertension Patients Must Avoid
- Wonderful Stages of Pregnancy