- A small purplish spot on a body surface, such as the skin or a mucous membrane, caused by a minute hemorrhage
- A condition characterized by hemorrhages in the skin and mucous membranes that result in the appearance of purplish spots or patches
- Blood vomit
- An abnormal decrease in the number of platelets in circulatory blood
- Microscopic localization of specific antigens in tissues by staining with antibodies labeled with fluorescent or pigmented material.
- labeling of antibodies or antigens with fluorescent dyes especially for the purpose of demonstrating the presence of a particular antigen or antibody in a tissue preparation or smear
Polymerase Chain Reaction
- in vitro technique for rapidly synthesizing large quantities of a given DNA segment that involves separating the DNA into its two complementary strands, binding a primer to each single strand at the end of the given DNA segment where synthesis will start, using DNA polymerase to synthesize two-stranded DNA from each single strand, and repeating the process
Enzyme Immuno Assay
- An assay that uses an
- Bound antibody to detect antigen
- Drugs that reduce pain.