- What are the Types of Fracture?
- What are the Causes of Fracture?
- What are the Symptoms of Fracture?
- How is a Fracture Diagnosed and Treated?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Latest Publication and Research
What are the Causes of Fracture?
A fracture occurs when a bone cannot withstand an outside force.
The most common causes of fracture include -
Fall from a height (more common among children and elderly)
Road traffic accidents
Direct blow on the bone
Repetitive force such as that caused by running can cause stress fracture in the specific area involved such as the foot, ankle, tibia or hip
Risk factors for fracture are -