Types of Physiotherapy / Physiotherapy - Types
- Modalities Used In Physiotherapy
- LASER Therapy
- Contrast Bath
- Hot Packs
- Short Wave Diathermy
- Infra-red rays
- UV Rays
- Ultra sonic therapy
- Microwave Diathermy
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (F.E.S)
- Inter Ferential Therapy (IFT)
- Therapeutic Massage
- Relaxed Passive Movements
- Manual training in Physiotherapy
- Postural drainage
- Latest Publication and Research
It's an electromagnetic wave used for treatment purposes with wavelength between infra-red rays and short wave diathermic waves.
The heat energy obtained from the wave is used for giving relief to the patient.
Micro-wave diathermy waves used for treatment is of Wave length - 12.25 cm
Frequency - 2,450 cycles/sec
Production of Waves
The waves are obtained by heating special type of valve called Magnetron. The output is carried to a small aerial and microwaves are emitted.
- Bacterial infection
- Septic fingers
Where it should not be used?
- Tuberculosis of Bone
- Recent exposure to X-rays
- Defective blood circulation (In cases like Diabetes)
Pain is relieved
- Healing of infections is faster
- Aids in relaxation
- Injuries to eyes