Types of Physiotherapy / Physiotherapy - Types
- Modalities Used In Physiotherapy
- LASER Therapy
- Contrast Bath
- Hot Packs
- Short Wave Diathermy
- Infra-red rays
- UV Rays
- Ultra sonic therapy
- Microwave Diathermy
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (F.E.S)
- Inter Ferential Therapy (IFT)
- Therapeutic Massage
- Relaxed Passive Movements
- Manual training in Physiotherapy
- Postural drainage
- Latest Publication and Research
Modalities used in Physiotherapy Wax Bath
Paraffin wax is used for the treatment.
The temperature of the wax is in the range between 40° to 44°c.
The heat energy obtained from the hot wax is used to relieve pain and stiffness of the joints.
When to apply?
1. Joint pain
2. Joint stiffness
3. Conditions like Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis
This is applied over Joints of legs and hands
Where it should not be used?
If the area to be treated has:
1. Open wounds
4. Skin rashes
1. Joint pain and stiffness is relived
2. Skin becomes smooth and moist
3. Causes relaxing effect
The time duration for the treatment is about 30-45 minutes