Types of Physiotherapy / Physiotherapy - Types
- Modalities Used In Physiotherapy
- LASER Therapy
- Contrast Bath
- Hot Packs
- Short Wave Diathermy
- Infra-red rays
- UV Rays
- Ultra sonic therapy
- Microwave Diathermy
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (F.E.S)
- Inter Ferential Therapy (IFT)
- Therapeutic Massage
- Relaxed Passive Movements
- Manual training in Physiotherapy
- Postural drainage
- Latest Publication and Research
Modalities used in Physiotherapy Wax Bath
Paraffin wax is used for the treatment.
The temperature of the wax is in the range between 40° to 44°c.
The heat energy obtained from the hot wax is used to relieve pain and stiffness of the joints.
When to apply?
- Joint pain
- Joint stiffness
- Conditions like Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis
This is applied over Joints of legs and hands
Where it should not be used?
If the area to be treated has
- Open wounds
- Skin rashes
- Joint pain and stiffness is relived
- Skin becomes smooth and moist
- Causes relaxing effect