Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome (PSAS) - FAQ’s

Rating : 12345
Rate This Article : 1 2 3 4 5
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

FAQ’s - Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome

1. Which specialist doctor shall I consult for Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome?

You should consult a Gynecologist or a Urologist or a Psychiatrist. However as the condition is rare they may not have seen a case like yours. Don’t get disheartened and carry with yourself some literature evidence.

2. Am I likely to be labeled a ‘Nymphomaniac’ if I have this condition?

This is unlikely as a nymphomaniac has the urge to sleep with many partners and has many psychological problems.

3. How do I look for support group for this condition in my country?

We advise you to contact the International support groups and get the information from them. Otherwise speak to the doctor who treats such conditions in your country. If there are no groups you can make one. All you require is 3 to 4 members to start. If you do form such a group write to medindia and it will help you get more members from your area.

4. What are the advantages of Joining or forming a support group?

This would help you to share your experiences and come to terms with the condition. As a member you can also get involved in finding out the latest research and treatment methods and disperse it widely to other sufferers of the condition.

5. If I think I have this condition who is the best person I should confide in?

You should confide in someone close to you – like your husband, boyfriend, your mother or your doctor. They may at first not understand it. However, explaining to them and showing them literature evidence will help you to convince them.

6. Should I feel ashamed?

No. There is no reason to be ashamed as it is no fault of yours. This condition is now well recognized in medical literature.

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

Hello, Is there anyone that i can speak about this disorder? It is ruining my life. I need to talk someone who is PGAD. I will be waiting for your answer desperately.

hi i have pgad :) and i found that all i needed to make the discomfort go away was to get rid of my depression i found the right psych meds.. :) and i still get pgad but it feels great ps: my pelvis area is paralyzed i broke my lower spine and hip so i cant feel sex unless its the pgad

Hi. My name is April and I have suffered with PGAD for over two years. The horrible feeling of constant pain and arousal. I am 63 yrs. and this has ruined my life. Going somewhere , doing something, constant arousal..then the pain..I cried and took pain pills, which only helped a little. So so be so uncomfortable all the time, not even being able to go to the bathroom or shower. This is too much to bear. BUT this CAN. Yes CAN go away. It did for me and how? Sincerely And honestly pray. The power of prayer cured me. I prayed often, desperately , and and with faith. I am living proof that this works. Pray with your whole heart and soul. This will end in His time. It took a long time, but in His time it ended.. I promise you, it CAN. Go the Lord. Please don't get discouraged ...give it time and PRAY. I will pray for all of you too.

im 24 Years old, i have been dealing with this since I can remember, Probably since I hit Puberty. It is a nightmare, All day long i fight and fight the urge to go into the other room and take care of it, I fight because I know that it will only get worse. I finally got the courage to talk about it to my SO. He was amazing, and so understanding, and to be able to talk about it openly has relieved so much stress in my life. I can only hope that this disorder can get more attention, so that maybe one day I can live a normal life. Please, do not be afraid to talk about this to your partner, or your super close friend, challenge them to google ReGS, research it. Having someone to talk to, that understands what im going through has helped me in so many ways. I now have a daughter and its a struggle, but she has helped me fight my urges, and so has my SO.

Hello nice post.
Thanks for the amusing post... According to the Male Aging Study, a little over half of men experience erectile dysfunction [ED].Erectile dysfunction - a man's inability to maintain an erection for sex - has numerous psychological and physical causes. Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem occurring during any phase of the sexual response cycle that prevents the individual or couple from experiencing satisfaction from the sexual activity. Sexual dysfunction can affect any age.

View all Comments

Related Links

Show More Related Topics

Health Topics A - Z


Medindia Health Topics Search

Sexual Health

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Doctor Search

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store