1. Which doctor should I consult if I have infective endocarditis?
A specialist like cardiologist or in Internal Medicine can treat your ailment
2. How long would the treatment take?
Intense antibiotic treatment may take up to 8 weeks. Duration of therapy varies in cases where surgical management becomes inevitable.
3. What is the prognosis of infective endocarditis?
Infective endocarditis is a fatal disease if left untreated. Aggressive management improves the outcome. Mortality ranges from 17 to 36%.
4. Is there any racial predilection for IE?
IE has no racial predilection.
5. Does IE recur?
IE may relapse within 2 months of finishing clinically effective therapy.
6. What extra care should be required in a patient with a diagnosed?
Patient should be closely monitored for the development of heart failure.