- What are the Causes of Dyslexia?
- What are the Symptoms of Dyslexia?
- How can We Diagnose Dyslexia?
- How can Dyslexia be Treated?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Dyslexia
- Famous Personalities with Dyslexia
- Organizations for Dyslexic people
- Latest Publication and Research
How can We Diagnose Dyslexia?
Dyslexia is difficult to be diagnosed and the doctor may subject the child to various tests before confirming the diagnosis of dyslexia.
A trained counselor, psychologist or psychiatrist can diagnose dyslexia. Dyslexia is difficult to diagnose and the doctor may subject the child to various tests before confirming the diagnosis of dyslexia.
The child is tested for-
Ability to access information
Ability to use psychological processes of imagination, creativity, and reasoning with language.
The family of the child also needs to be assessed to understand family history. It is a combination of all these details which provides the information whether the child is lagging in school because of dyslexia or any other problem.