» » Gallstones FAQs

Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)

Rating : 12345
Rate This Article : 1 2 3 4 5
G J 4
A -A +

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Which doctor should I consult for the treatment of gallstones?

You can consult a general physician or a gastroenterologist.

2. What are the complications of gallstones?

Sometimes gallstones can block the cystic duct or common bile duct. Obstruction may cause the following problems -

Bullet Acute cholecystitis

Bullet Chronic cholecystitis

Bullet Pancreatitis

3. Can gallstones be prevented?

Prevention of cholesterol gallstones is possible with ursodiol. This bile acid medication that dissolves some cholesterol gallstones can also prevent the gallstones from forming.

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions
Do obesity leads to gallstone formation?
Imayavaramban Saturday, August 16, 2014

Ask an Expert

If you have a question about health related issues, you can now post it in our Ask An Expert section on our community website and get answers from our panel of experts.

Join Our Online Health Community:

Recommended Groups Members Related Discussions
By registering with Medindia you become part of our global health community. Make new friends and share and discuss your health issues, with 205995 other members across 445 support groups.

You May Also Like

View All

Show More Related Topics y