- Incidence of Endometriosis
- Causes of Endometriosis
- Symptoms of Endometriosis
- Diagnosis of Endometriosis
- Treatment for Endometriosis
- Prevention of Endometriosis
- Prognosis of Endometriosis
- Complementary Treatment for Endometriosis
- Support Groups
- Latest Publication and Research
Incidence of Endometriosis
The incidence of endometriosis is about 5-20 % and about 30 to 40 % of women with endometriosis are infertile.
The true incidence of this disease is not exactly known, as a large proportion of patients are asymptomatic. The disease is mainly confined to the reproductive age group of 15-50yrs.
The incidence is higher in women belonging to the higher socio economic group, probably due to a propensity to delay child bearing. The improved imaging modalities including ultrasound and the increased frequency of the use of minimally invasive procedures like laparoscopy for diagnostic purposes has led to an increase in the diagnosis of this condition.