- Causes of Spondylolisthesis
- Symptoms and Signs of Spondylolisthesis
- Diagnosis of Spondylolisthesis
- Treatment of Spondylolisthesis
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Latest Publication and Research
How can we Diagnose Spondylolisthesis?
Diagnosis of Spondylolisthesis is done by taking an X-ray, CT scan or MRI of the lower back.
Diagnosis of Spondylolisthesis is made based on the following:
• A carefully taken medical history can help in the diagnosis of spondylolisthesis. Information about any trauma, injury and other conditions affecting the back should be obtained.
• A complete physical check-up is necessary.
• An X-ray of the lower back spine is necessary to confirm any bony abnormality. It will show any fracture, crack or dislocation of the vertebra. A lateral spine X-ray (a side view) helps in determining the amount of slippage.
• CT and MRI scan: These imaging tests help in identifying other conditions associated with spondylolisthesis like compression of the nerves.