1) Sudden onset of high fever, which may last two to nine days.
2) Severe headache mostly in the forehead
3) Joint and muscle pain, and body aches
4) Pain behind the eyes which worsens with eye movement
5) Nausea or vomiting of coffee coloured matter
Recognition of Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever and shock Symptoms similar to Dengue fever, plus any one or a combination of the following:
1) Severe and continuous pain in the abdomen
2) Bleeding from the nose, mouth, skin bruising
3) Frequent vomiting with or without blood
4) Black stools like coal tar
5) Excessive thirst (dry mouth)
6) Pale, cold skin
8) Skin rashes maculopapular rash or red tiny spots on the skin, called Petechiae.