Dengue Fever / Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever
- Dengue Virus
- Incidence & Prevalence of Dengue Fever
- Spread of Dengue
- Symptoms & Signs of Dengue Fever
- Types of Dengue Fever
- Diagnosis of Dengue Fever
- Treatment for Dengue Fever
- Complications of Dengue Fever
- Prognosis of Dengue Fever
- Prevention - Mosquito Breeding
- Prevention Mosquito Bites
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Latest Publication and Research
Spread of Dengue Fever
An infected Aedes mosquito transmits the dengue virus from one person to another when it bites them.
Dengue is transmitted by the mosquito, Aedes aegypti, which acts as the vector in transmitting the dengue virus.
The mosquito gets infected by the dengue virus when it bites a person who has dengue or DHF. For about a week the virus multiplies inside the mosquito, after which it bites a healthy person, who soon develops symptoms of dengue fever.
Mosquito bites Dengue infected person
Dengue Virus multiplies inside the mosquito for a week
Mosquito bites healthy person