- Congenital is a term, which denotes Acquired by Birth.
- Talipes refers to Ankle and foot. This is a condition of foot caused by shortening of muscles and tendons.
- The position of foot pointing downwards and inwards.
- This is a Medical speciality, which is related to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of Musculo-skeletal system.
- This is a treatment, where the doctor manually, holds and stretches the foot to correct the abnormal position.
- Deformity is a major difference in shape of body or part of a body compared to the normal shape of the body.
Soft tissue operation
- This is a surgical operation done to correct the shortened tendons and ligaments of the foot, causing abnormal position of the foot.
- This is a surgical operation where the affected bones are cut and removed.
- Splints are devices, which supports and maintains the corrected position.