- Cannabis is produced from dried leaves from the Hemp plant, 'Cannabis Sativa'.
- The active
- An interesting point about marihuana is that it makes some people lose focus on events around them, while it elevates the physical sensations in others.
- Cannabis is a drug that affects an individual by acting on the brain.
- 50 percent of the chemicals that make up Cannabis are the potent 'cannabinoids', of which the most active is D-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (D9-THC).
- Traveling through the blood stream the chemicals bind to specific receptors in the brain causing changes in the nerve cells resulting in specific effects.
- Marihuana 'high' is felt as the THC reaches the brain through the blood within 5 minutes of intake, and the effect may last up to 5 hours.
Latest Publications and Research on CannabisCerebrospinal fluid anandamide levels, cannabis use and psychotic-like symptoms. - Published by PubMed
Lifetime cannabis use and cognition in patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders and their unaffected siblings. - Published by PubMed
Use of illicit substances among schoolchildren in colombo district, sri lanka. - Published by PubMed
Psychotic symptoms of cocaine self-injectors in a harm reduction program. - Published by PubMed
Lifetime prevalence of alcohol and substance use in egypt: a community survey. - Published by PubMed