Cannabis has a long history of medicinal, recreational, and industrial use and comes from a bushy plant, with thick sticky flowers, called Cannabis Sativa.
Cannabis or Hemp otherwise known as 'marijuana' or 'marihuana'.
- Cannabis is produced from dried leaves from the Hemp plant, 'Cannabis Sativa'.
- The active ingredients from this plant are called 'marijuana', or 'marihuana'.
- An interesting point about marihuana is that it makes some people lose focus on events around them, while it elevates the physical sensations in others.
- Cannabis is a drug that affects an individual by acting on the brain.
- 50 percent of the chemicals that make up Cannabis are the potent 'cannabinoids', of which the most active is D-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (D9-THC).
- Traveling through the blood stream the chemicals bind to specific receptors in the brain causing changes in the nerve cells resulting in specific effects.
- Marihuana 'high' is felt as the THC reaches the brain through the blood within 5 minutes of intake, and the effect may last up to 5 hours.