- About Blood Group
- Determining the Blood Group
- About Blood Typing
- Frequency of occurrence of Blood Groups
- Other blood types besides the ABO blood group
- About Rh typing
- How is Blood Group testing done?
- When is Blood Group typing done?
- About cross matching
- How is cross matching done?
- Latest Publication and Research
What is Rh typing?
The Rh, or Rhesus, system was first detected in 1940 by Land Steiner and Wiener. Rh typing is the test done to determine whether Rh is positive or negative. Most people are 'rhesus positive' as they have rhesus antigens on their red blood cells. Here if the D antigen, also known as the Rh factor is present, that person is Rh-positive; if the D antigen is absent, that person is Rh-negative.