- About Blood Group
- Determining the Blood Group
- About Blood Typing
- Frequency of occurrence of Blood Groups
- Other blood types besides the ABO blood group
- About Rh typing
- How is Blood Group testing done?
- When is Blood Group typing done?
- About cross matching
- How is cross matching done?
- Latest Publication and Research
Are there any other blood types besides the ABO blood group?
There are many other types of antigen which may occur on the surface of red blood cells. However, most are classed as 'minor' and are not as important as ABO and rhesus. They are the Duffy, Kell, Kidd, MNS, and P systems. Tests for antigens from these systems are not included in routine blood typing.
You May Also Like