Sprue - A disorder of impaired absorption of nutrients from the diet by the small intestine (malabsorption), resulting in malnutrition.
- A disorder of impaired absorption of nutrients by the small intestine. Symptoms include diarrhea, abdominal pain, progressive weight loss, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, abnormal skin pigmentation, anemia, and fever.
- Contraction of the constrictor muscle of the pharynx elicited by stimulation of sensory receptors on the soft palate, by psychic stimuli, or systemically by drugs.
- An infection of the small intestine caused by the flagellated protozoan Giardia lamblia. It is spread via contaminated food and water and by direct person-to-person contact.
- Protozoan infection found in animals and man. It is caused by several different genera of coccidia.
- Pubescent, shaggy, covered with fine long hairs, but the hairs not matted.