- About Glomerulonephritis
- Interference with Kidney Function
- Different Types
- What are the Diagnostic Tests?
- Causes of Glomerulonephritis
- Diagnosis of Glomerulonephritis
- Prevention of Glomerulonephritis
- Treatment of Glomerulonephritis
- Complications of Glomerulonephritis
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Latest Publication and Research
How can glomerulonephritis be prevented?
Good hygiene, "safe sex" and avoiding IV drugs are helpful in preventing infections that could lead to this illness.
If you have the chronic type, it is very important to control your blood pressure since this may slow down kidney damage. Your doctor may tell you to eat less protein. A dietitian who is trained to work with kidney patients (a renal dietitian) can be very helpful in planning your diet.