First artificial insemination attempt on Juana, wife of King Henry IV of Castile.1677
- Anton Von Leeuwenhoek visualized spermatozoa under the microscope. 1780
- Spallanzani’s experiment proved that physical contact between the male and female gamete is required for successful embryo development.
- Russia works towards development of Artificial Insemination methods. 1922
- Reports of successful insemination experiments in horses published. 1939
- G. W. Salisbury pioneers research in animal breeding and artificial insemination. 1940
- Technical improvement in freezing and thawing of sperm preparations. 1950’s
- Cornell suggests idea of adding anti-biotic to the sperm preparation media. 1953
- The first successful artificial insemination with frozen human semen was achieved. 1970, 1980’s
- Enhancement in the sperm collection techniques.