A fat-burning diet consists of natural foods
, which help the body lose fat. These fat-burning properties are prominent in certain foods due to the presence of some substances that spike the body’s metabolic rate. Also they need more calories to be broken down in the digestive tract.
Many types of fruits, vegetables and nuts are effective fat-burning foods. Others include low-fat dairy, eggs, lean meat and seeds. One of the best diets for burning fat is the ‘fat-burning soup diet’. This is a diet program where fat-burning soups are consumed every day for up to a week along with certain fruits, vegetables and meat. This helps the body lose fat really fast.
If you plan to diet to burn fat then, instead of starving yourself eat heartily to lose weight. The trick is not to starve, but to eat fat-burning foods. Starving has never worked anyway!
Top Fat-burning Foods
Here are some highly-effective fat-burning foods.
- Fruits: apples, strawberries, blueberries, avocadoes, oranges, grapefruit.
- Vegetables: spinach, kale, broccoli, mushrooms, tomato, chili peppers, sweet potato
- Low-fat yogurt, milk, cheese
- Lentils, beans and other legumes
- Ginger, garlic
- Spices like cinnamon
- Coconut oil, olive oil
- Almonds, walnuts
- Oily fish like salmon
Fat-burning Diet for Men
Eating healthy foods
and burning calories at an effective rate are two important factors for successful weight loss and weight maintenance. Men generally need more calories than women and their protein requirement is also more. But men also tend to accumulate belly fat if lax with their diet or exercise. So adding fat-burning foods in their diets makes sense for men as much as it does for women.
Some diets for fat loss for men can include:
- Four to five small meals a day.
- Breakfast options can be eggs, spinach omelets or oatmeal with berries, low-fat yogurt smoothies with almonds, walnuts or peanut butter.
- Lunch can be wholegrain sandwiches with fillings made of fat-burning foods like chicken breast, vegetables (spinach, mushrooms), eggs; wholegrain pasta loaded with fat-burning vegetables; steamed salmon with roasted vegetables.
- Dinner can include fat-burning soups, salads, brown rice made with olive oil and vegetables, baked sweet potato, roasted chicken breast etc.
- Snacks can include apple slices with peanut butter, nuts, berries, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese etc.
Fat-burning Diet for Women
There is not much of a difference when opting for the best diets to burn fat for men and women. The major difference is in the calorie requirement
, which differs for each gender. Women can also eat five to six mini meals a day and include all the above foods and diets to burn fat through food.
Some Fat-burning Diet Recipes
Boil tomatoes, onions, garlic, chili peppers and black peppercorns. Add salt and black pepper powder. To benefit from all the fiber in the veggies, consume the soup without blending and sieving it. Change the recipe by adding more fat-burning foods like spinach, cabbage, lentils or a few chicken pieces.
Fat-burning Egg Dish
Heat olive oil in a pan. Use three eggs per person (whites from three eggs and yolk from one) and make a scramble. Add chopped spinach and mushrooms, tomatoes (optional), boiled kidney beans, onions, garlic, ginger (grated), chili peppers, black pepper powder and salt. Cook for a few minutes and eat it with wholegrain bread or brown rice.
Fat-burning Pancake Recipe
Soak and grind to a paste your choice of lentil or bean. Add to this paste green chilies, chili peppers, crushed garlic, grated ginger, spinach, grated broccoli, chopped onion and any other vegetable of your choice. You can also add one egg per three pancakes. Now add salt, black pepper powder and a bit of turmeric powder. Heat coconut oil in a pan and make your crispy pancakes. These are good to eat for any meal.
- Generously use black pepper powder in your recipes.
- Add cinnamon to your tea, smoothies, coffee, desserts and baked goods.
- Use at least 2-3 fat-burning foods for every meal.
- Combine a fat-burning diet with a workout plan of your choice.
- Eat soups, lentil dishes and salads for dinner on most days for more fat loss.