Reliance General Insurance
Individual Mediclaim Policy
Hospitalization Care for the Family
• Reliance Mediclaim Insurance Policy covers you and your family for hospitalization and related expenses.
• Family members between the ages of 5 and 80 years can be covered.
• The policy also provides health insurance for children between the ages of 3 months and 5 years if one of the parents is covered concurrently.
With a no-claim bonus of 5% on every claim-free renewal, the prospective policy holder can be rewarded. This can be accumulated up to a maximum of 50%.
With health insurance you not only protect your family but also can avail of tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Reliance Mediclaim Insurance Policy will cover various hospitalization expenses.
• Hospitalization Expenses – These include room charges and operation theatre charges, nursing expenses, fees of medical practitioner, anaesthetist and consultants.
• Medicine, Consumables and Diagnostic Expenses – Cost of anaesthesia, blood, oxygen, surgical appliances, medicine and drugs, diagnostic material and X-rays, dialysis, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, pacemaker, artificial limbs and organs.
• Day Care Treatment – The policy will cover expenses incurred towards technologically advanced treatment that does not require hospitalization for 24 hours or more.
• Domiciliary Hospitalization – We also provide cover for treatment administered at home, subject to specified conditions.
• Pre- and Post-Hospitalization – Reliance Mediclaim Insurance Policy covers medical expenses for treatment up to 30 days before and up to 60 days after the hospitalization.
Value Added Benefits
Reliance Mediclaim Insurance Policy offers value-added benefits to give an individual extra cushioning and added cover.
• The policy will cover pre-hospitalization expenses for 30 days and post-hospitalization expenses for 60 days.
• It also provides you with health cover for technologically advanced treatment that does not require 24-hour hospital stay.
• No medical check-up up to the age of 45.
• Free medical check-up after 4 claim-free renewals.
At Reliance General Insurance, we would like our policy to be as transparent as possible.
To ensure that you do not face any unpleasant surprises when you make a claim, we would like you to know some of the major exclusions under the policy.
This policy does not cover:-
• Any pre-existing illness
• Specified illnesses for the first year.
• Specified illnesses in the case of domiciliary hospitalization.
• Any treatment for the first 30 days from the time of inception of policy, unless due to an accident.
• Treatment related to HIV / AIDS.
• Treatment due to abuse of alcohol or intoxicants.
• Vaccination and inoculation.
• Nuclear and war perils.
• Naturopathy treatment.
The policy can be issued to:-
• Persons between 5 years and 80 years of age.
• Children between 3 months and 5 years if one or both parents are covered concurrently.