- Weight Loss Calculator
- Male Sexual Performance Score
- Body Mass Index
- Glycemic Index Calculator
- American Pregnancy Diabetes Calculator or Gestational Diabetes Calculator
- Blood Sugar Chart
- Waist to Hip Ratio
- Gestational Diabetes Calculator or Pregnancy Diabetes Calculator (WHO)
- Calculate Your Lifetime Risk of Heart Attack
- Diabetes Risk Assessment Calculator
- Blood Sugar-Conversion
- Body Fat Calculator
- Waist to Height Ratio
- HbA1c or A1c Calculator for Blood Glucose
Waist to hip Ratio Calculator
Do you want to know your body type? Here is our Waist to Hip Ratio Calculator to tell your body type – apple or pear. Your waist to hip ratio determines your risks for heart disease, hypertension, diabetes and obesity. The result of this calculator helps to know your health risks and also provide some tips to maintain a healthy body.
|Take a measurement tape and follow the guidelines given.|
This calculator is not recommended for bodybuilders as their muscle tissues weigh more, which ultimately results in overweight though they have limited extra fat.
Important Facts about Waist to Hip Ratio
- Waist to hip ratio is the measurement that warns of obesity and cardiovascular disease (CVD).
- Studies suggested that waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio are better indicators of the risk of diabetes than BMI (Body Mass Index).
- If the waist circumference is more, the risk for heart disease is more, even if the body weight is less and vice versa.
- The most common shape in female is gynoid shape (pear shape), in which, the excess fat deposits on hips and buttocks (gluteo-femoral region) causing lesser health risk.
- On the other hand, the android shape (apple shape) causes serious health problems due to the fat deposition on subcutaneous (beneath the skin) truncal-abdominal region (middle-section of the body) and is common in male population.