- Recommended Intake of Minerals
- Daily Water Intake
- Fiber in Diet Calculator
- Iron Intake Calculator
- Cholesterol Level Counter
- Pregnancy Calorie Intake Calculator
- Vitamins and Minerals in Food Items
- Weight Loss Calculator
- Vitamin Deficiency Calculator
- Daily Calcium Requirement Chart
- Antioxidant Food Chart
- Protein Intake Calculator
- Calories in Indian Foods
- Daily Calorie Requirement for Age and Lifestyle
- Fat Content in Vegetable Oil / Ghee / Cooking Oil
- Daily Calorie Counter for Indian Food
- Daily Calorie Requirements
- Daily Vitamin Requirement Chart
Find Out How Vitamin Deficiency Can Cause Disease
Vitamin deficiency can cause many conditions from birth defects to bleeding gums, depression, insomnia, dry skin, diarrhoea and many others. If you are suffering from a condition, do a fast check to see if it could possibly be due to deficiency of any of the essential vitamins. Jeanne Moreau said 'All those vitamins aren't to keep death at bay, they're to keep deterioration at bay'.
Interesting Facts about Vitamin Deficiency
- Deficiency of vitamin A, vitamin C, and magnesium is present among 50% of Americans.
- 33% of children under the age of five from the developing countries have deficiency of vitamin A. This deficiency causes low immunity and night blindness.
- An estimated 259 to 500 million children in the world are becoming blind every year due to deficiency of vitamin A and half of them die within a year of losing their vision.
- Vitamin D is important in the prevention of osteoporosis, depression, prostate cancer, breast cancer and research indicates that the deficiency of vitamin D may cause diabetes and obesity.
- Sun is a natural source of vitamin D however its deficiency is quite common. Almost 90% of colored Americans are deficient of vitamin D and it is 70% among elderly Americans. The figures are similar in other countries.
- Deficiency of vitamin B6 or folic Acid during pregnancy is associated with Neural Tube Defect among newborns.